Thursday, November 18, 2010

liberating.

Yesterday I woke up knowing I had a bunch of stuff due today for my research paper, and I continued to put it off. I had been putting it on hold as long as possible, but knew today was the day I was going to have to do it. With that, I opened up my lap top and went to facebook. I then went to the little tab in the top right corner that said Account. A little more clicking, and scrolling, and I de-activated my facebook account. AH! It was all so sudden, and I just did it. I knew if I was going to focus that day on doing and findng research, I couldn't have facebook. It's just sooo tempting, and before you know it you've been on facebook for 2 hours when you should have been doing homework that WHOLE time. I told my friends what I had done, they gasped, searched me up, saw it was true, and then dared me. They dared me to not reactivate it till I went home on Sunday. I took them up on thaaa offa, I mean I had better things to do.
I went to school, came back a few hours later, and went to do the usual  things I do when I get home from school. Get a drink.. put on sweats.. get on FB. What a life right? Haha, then I remembered my facebook was dead! It was sooo awk, and I decided I was just going to have to do research. I did some research, did some other homework, went and got my hair done (we'll talk about that next) and came home. As the night went on I had dinner, went to the mall, (see I still put off stupid research papers no matter what) the came home to finish it all up. that's when I had this feeling to check the english blog. That's when I read the following:
NO CLASS TOMORROW NOV. 18TH! WE WILL HAVE CLASS NEXT TUESDAY THE 23RD.
Oh my goshh right? I was kinda mad. Then I was happy! I had half of my work done, and still had a while to finish. That's when I realized I had been dared till Sunday to not reactivate! I almost did. But I have decided to still take the offer and not get on facebook till Sunday.. at least. The rest of the night I already noticed I spend more time out of my room, with my friends actually talking face to face and not on FB(not like we never talk or anything but ya get me). It is now Thursday and I still haven't gotten on. Haha I probably seem like an addict, which I probably am, but it feels good. I already feel like I've put my time to better use. Facebook might be a little of the dev, I'll admit it. I know I'll reactivate eventually, but I might go even a little longer just to see. It is liberating, to not be tied down to some dumb site with pictures of people and overload of what people are doing or feeling.

On a new note... I colored my hair yesterday.
These were the steps of my hair appointment.
1. Bleach.. brushed on my whole head of hair

2. A bleach wash, aka another coat of bleach
3. Under the dryer forever, my head was on fire.
4. Wash out bleach, hair was literally yellow and orange, the color of the lead singer of Paramore.
5. Blow-dry
6. Another all-over coat of color
7. Wash
8. Blow-dry and straighten.
HOLY FETCH RIGHT?
Anyways turns out my hair is now a reddish/orangish/light brownish. And I'm not that mad. I feel soo awk, but it's going to be so much easier for me to keep going blonde now! Yes, I said blonde. I've been wanting hardcore hair change for a while, so I figured it was time. I'll post pics. Don't judge.
Right now.. I'm just accepting change as it comes.
Cool, right?
XOXO
LL
P.s. Going home for Thanksgiving, Sunday! Sooo excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment