Friday, December 30, 2011

Thankful Thursday: I Was Born This Way

Thankful Thursday. Why not?
It's not about being perfect. It's about appreciating the imperfectly perfect people and moments in our daily lives.


Sometimes it kind of gets redundant. And it always seems to be the same people constantly saying it. "I'm so blessed.
But before rolling your eyes, don't.


Out of all the negativity in the world, and especially on social networking sites, we need more people realizing how beautiful life is and how blessed we all really are. 
I'm so blessed. 
And I'll keep on being one of those people who say it till they're blue in the face, and you wanna punch them for saying it so often. Wanna know why? Because even though there is a lot of hate and ugliness in the world today, there is even more love and beauty if you actually open your eyes and count your blessings sometimes.


Why I'm feeling blessed today:
I'm realizing that I am definitely an optimist and generally a pretty positive person. And on top of that I'm realizing how much that sets me apart from other people. I like to think I'm not too quick to judge others. 6.89 out of 7 nights a week, I go to bed thankful and ready to take on the next day with a smile on my face. I can spend a Friday night with my friends laughing about everything, with a cute boy, or watching "I Used to be Fat" on MTV with my puppy- and be completely happy and content with my happenings (The third scenario has happened more than once in case you were wondering).


This is just the way I was born. I've always been the girl that sings into her brush in the morning while getting ready, or busting out a FAIL of a heel-click when I'm excited about something. I have heard being the first child has a lot to do with it, but who knows. I've never completely had to try to be happy or confident. It was just always kind of there. Even when I was a gap-toothed, high-lighted and bobbed, awkward, little girl. I've always been pretty happy and stoked on life.
                                       ^Yep.




Don't get me wrong guys. 
-I've felt completely alone before.
-I've never had a lot of money in my wallet.
-I have never been the prettiest.
-I sometimes felt like the people who were supposed to always be there for me, were actually the ones putting me down.
-I have been completely wrong about some things I had no doubt in my mind were right.
-I have had some MAJOR insecurities that I have taken to a pretty far extent.
-I've never been in love.
-I've been really, really sick.
-I have never been completely happy with my body.
-I've been betrayed by people I love.


Yet every night I find so many things to be thankful for in my far from perfect life. 


So yeah, today I'm thankful that I was blessed to be constantly reminded how blessed I am. It's a way of life I wish everyone was blessed with. But it is a mindset that we can all adjust to, if we try. 


It hurts so much to see other people hurt. Trials are hard. Pain is inevitable in this life. I am here to tell you that if you start to focus on the positive and learn from your mistakes and trials, you see so many tender mercies in your life you won't know what to do. 


Not even gonna lie, a good cry never hurt anybody. But try wake up the next day thankful that you live in this incredibly beautiful world with so many people in it that love and care about you. Because I am one of them. I mean it.


xoxo,
Lex







2 comments:

  1. This is really wonderful. Thank you. I'm grateful I got to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much. Thank you for writing and keeping me inspired. Such a wonderful example.

    ReplyDelete